Are you facing problems with your MediaTek smartphone? You are in the right place. In this tutorial, we will explain how to flash Mediatek (MTK) Smartphone. This flash method is also useful for those devices that are in Brick. But remember, this can sometimes be solved with the flash if you do it and it continues. It can be either a hardware problem.
How to Flash Mediatek (MTK) Smartphone
To flash MediaTek smartphones follow the procedure.
SP flash tool,
Good internet connection.
- First, connect the USB cable to the computer (do not connect the phone yet)
- Go to the SP Flash Tool folder and run the file as the administrator: Flash_tool.exe
- Click on the button: Scatter-loading
- Select the file .txt that is inside the ROM file for example MT65xx_Android_scatter.txt. It can be any number; it is not more than the model of the SoC (System on Chip) that carries the device.
- This step is very important. From what I have read, it is not advisable to flash the Preloader. So, disable that option before flashing. If you have any problems, first follow the steps of If you have problems before or after flashing. The problem persists then they flash with the option PRELOADER activated. This is something that is very important, and they do not recommend flashing because it is the heart of the phone. It is not preloaded of the phone; you guarantee the death of the phone, that’s why you have to VERY CAREFUL. This is because many ROM on the internet are backup copies and are not original manufacturer brand.
- In the SP Flash Tool v5, under Scatter-loading file, if it is Stock ROM, select in the combo: Download only. If it is an update, select Firmware Upgrade. Keep attention, if the Flash came out well but the problem, try first click on Format. This will format the phone and leave it blank, leave no trace of the previous ROM, and flash the ROM again.
The Format option should be the last one to try since it is not recommended. If you have any problems, first follow the steps of if you have problems before or after flashing.
- In the SP Flash Tool v3 if it is Stock ROM click on Download. If it is an update click on Firmware> Upgrade.
- Turn off the phone.
- With or without the battery on, this is optional. By default, the option is to flash without the battery, try with the battery option set, only if you have problems.
- Now, your MediaTek smartphone flashing completed.
Before flashing any phone backup your important documents. Because, after flashing your storage become empty. You must flash the MediaTek smartphones that are for the exact models of your mobile device. If you insert an incompatible ROM, you could leave the device, like a brick. So, always keep this in mind.